Thursday, July 12, 2012

Reflection #2


I've learned how to use so many new online tools and to not be intimidated by new technology.  I really have enjoyed using Voice Thread and finding out all the simple ways to control and adapt it.  I would love to experiment and see if I could use Prezi and Voice Thread together. I've also learned a lot from my classmates’ work, especially about the different authors analyzed and new, interesting educational technology concepts currently out there and on the horizon.  For instance, as a whole the class focused more on 21st century learning.  I enjoyed reading about the alternate views and implementations.  

The things that I have learned this semester were actually from my own author analysis. I first learned about the concept of innovation diffusion, which was really interesting, and I plan to use in my future research. Additionally, I learned a lot about the techniques and aspects of Pecha Kuchas.  I hope to use the important feedback I received about timing. to make me think more about how much time I use when I speak and how to be more concise. 

Based on my final project I hope to propose an online public speaking course to my college administrators. At the community college where I work,  we have a lot of online students and I would love for them to be able to experience my public speaking course online as well.  Additionally, I plan to use a wiki in my future courses in order to let students collaborate and brainstorm on different ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment